20 April 2020
Cumbria County Council Job Application FormJob Details
Full Time , Fixed Term , Early Years’ Teacher
Crosscanonby St John's CE School
Garborough Close, Crosby, MARYPORT, Cumbria, CA15 6RX.
Date posted on Cumbria County Council website:
Application closing date:
Teaching (Primary) - NOR 51
Full Time Early Years’ Class Teacher (includes Nursery) –Fixed Term, to cover maternity leave of current post holder
The Governors of Crosscanonby St John’s C of E School wish to appoint an enthusiastic, talented and highly motivated teacher to join our team. This appointment will be to cover the maternity leave of the existing post holder from 1st September 2020 to 31st March 2021. Recent relevant experience of working with Early Years’ children is essential.
Crosscanonby St John’s C of E School is a small, friendly, welcoming school with an extremely dedicated staff team. We have high expectations of all of our children and we are committed to giving them the best possible educational experiences.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding teacher who is able to provide evidence of impact upon pupil progress.
• Have recent and relevant experience in EYFS.
• Have knowledge of how young children learn.
• Have a good working knowledge of the foundation stage curriculum.
• Preferably have some experience of working with children with additional needs.
• Be a positive role model to pupils and other staff, able to demonstrate high levels of motivation and enthusiasm.
• Be able to work as part of a team.
• Be able to build positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents.
• Be able to work with a mixed age class.
• Have a desire to develop professionally.
• Have commitment to being actively involved in the wider life of the school.
• Be committed to supporting the Christian ethos of the school.
• Be committed to providing a challenging and stimulating learning environment, both indoors and outdoors.
• Be prepared to be a dedicated and flexible team member.
• Be committed to the safeguarding and well-being of all children.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The offer of a contract will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and excellent professional references.
We understand that applying for positions at this time may be more problematic as we are unable to offer school visits. However more information about the school can be found on the school website and Facebook page. The Executive head teacher and senior teacher are also available to chat informally about the position via phone; if this is something you would like to do please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to arrange an informal conversation, please email Mrs Amanda Pitcher at email@example.com.
Job description and application forms are available on the County Council and school websites or can be emailed to you.
CUMBRIA COUNTY COUNCIL JOB APPLICATION FORM - https://www.cumbria.gov.uk/eLibrary/Content/Internet/541/4247991132.pdf
Completed application forms should be returned via email only, marked for the attention of Mrs Amanda Pitcher.
The closing date for applications is midday on Friday 15th May 2020
Interviews will be held between 21st May and 5th June. Please note interviews may be held via video conferencing. If you are invited to attend an interview full instructions will be sent to you.